Monday, December 26, 2011

We Bought A Zoo

This movie is based on a true story, I had no idea about that. Before I go further, this is not just a kid movie about animals. 

Matt Damon stars as a father that is trying to recover his life with his 2 kids after losing his wife. Like many of us, everything in his town reminds him of what he has lost so he decides to move. While looking at houses, they find one they love, but it has a condition. It is part of a zoo. 

The supporting cast of Scarlett Johansson, Thomas Hayden Church and Elle Fanning all make this a heartwarming tale of love, compassion and how we all need that human interaction. Several times during this film, your author had tears. The line I love from this film that I might use as my life's motto is : You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Go see this movie. Take the family but just know that the kids might get a bit bored at times. A full 4 bags of buttery popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment