Tuesday, July 26, 2011

50/50

No, these are not the odds that I will succeed with this blog. This is a well written, solid movie with some fine actors. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen star as Adam & Kyle, best friends who have to deal with a sudden diagnosis of cancer.

Sidenote: There are several scenes with doctors talking about Adam's diagnosis. I think that these scenes are very realistic regarding the way doctors and many of the medical professionals handle these sensitive issues. Please remember that we are patients, real people that are being told something so mind blowing, don't rush through it like you are telling me my dinner is ready.

Angelica Houston plays Adam's mom and shines in the role. I'm sure that you can see part of your mom in that role. Bottom line, this movie is emotional, funny (though Seth Rogen is exactly how he is in many of his movies) and makes you think.

Once I wiped the tears away, I am able to give this a solid 4.5 stars out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment