Thursday, July 21, 2011

Captain America

Since I was not a huge fan of the comic, I had some reservations about this movie when I heard about it. Then the trailers came out and I was more inclined to see it. Now, I have to say that I am glad I did.

Chris Evans plays Steve Rogers, a small skinny kid from Brooklyn (my home town) who wants to serve his country in WWII. Due to his size, he is rejected time and time again. But he is given a special opportunity thanks to a scientist and some super-soldier potion. A little shock here, a little needle there and BAM! A superhero is born. Or is it?

You know I don't like to give anything away. But I will say that Captain America was not always intended on being the badass he became. I found that interesting and funny. The rest of the cast (Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter and Tommy Lee Jones as Col. Phillips) did a nice job of rounding out the movie.

Lots of action, some great one liners equals a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment