Friday, July 15, 2011

Super 8

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I was going into a bit apprehensive but the cast really won me over. In his debut role, Joel Courtney plays Joe Lamb, the son of the recently deceased Elizabeth and Jack, the deputy Sheriff of Lillian, OH. What happens in this small town you wouldn't want to happen to your town, believe me.

The movie revolves around Joe and his friends Charles, Cary, Martin, Preston who are all making a movie about zombies. In need of a leading lady, Charles asks Alice played by Elle Fanning. While filming at midnight, a train is derailed by a pickup truck purposefully and this is where things get interesting.

As you know, I am not a spolier. So, in interest of that, the suspensefulness and drama comes into play here. You know something is out there doing evil things, but you only catch glimpses of it. There are a few moments where you jump back but the fun thing is...it's scary but not really scary. I would give this a comfortable 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment